Over 80 Years of Excellence in Education
The Cuyahoga Heights School District, which serves the villages of Cuyahoga Heights, Brooklyn Heights and Valley View, is a first ring school district located approximately 4 miles from mid-town Cleveland. The Cuyahoga Heights School District is fortunate in many ways.
The villages of Cuyahoga Heights, Brooklyn Heights and Valley View all have healthy tax bases, are attractive to businesses and provide terrific amenities to their residents. A superb quality of life is the major reason that living in one of the three villages is attractive.
Community support is a cornerstone to the district’s success. Besides supporting school levies and volunteering in classrooms, residents enjoy using the 25-meter pool, children’s pool, spa, first-rate fitness center, and state-of-the-art track at no charge.
Over 822 students are enrolled in the district’s three schools—high school (9-12), middle school (6-8), elementary school (PreK-5)—located on the same campus. They benefit from the expertise of a highly qualified teaching staff, excellent support staff, and strong parental participation.
The Cuyahoga Heights Schools provide a full-range of traditional and non-traditional educational programs and co-curricular activities. These include elementary and secondary curriculum offerings at the general and college preparatory levels and special education programs.
Ninety-percent of CHS graduates attend either a 2-year or 4-year college. With over 74 co-curricular activities and 21 varsity sports, a very high percentage of students are involved with extracurricular activities. Please visit our website www.cuyhts.org for up-to-date information.
Points of Pride:
- 2017 One of the State of Ohio’s Top 25 Most Beautiful High Schools by Aceable ratings agency
- 2016 Top 500 High Schools: Beating the Odds – Ranked in the top 3% of eligible high schools in the nation by Newsweek
- 2016 Best High Schools in America – Ranked in the top 8% in the nation and received the Silver Medal Award by U.S. News & World Report
- 2016 Best Communities for Music Education in the nation. Awarded this honor by the NAMM Foundation for the district’s outstanding commitment to music education
- 2016 K-3 State Literacy Tests – 100% of 3rd graders met 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee at Cuyahoga Heights Elementary School
- 2016 Educator of the Year – Awarded to Mrs. Nancy Wanyerka by the Ohio Middle Level Association
- 2014 – 2015 Advanced Placement Honor Roll – One of 30 school districts in Ohio to achieve this recognition
- 2015 State Board All A Award – Cuyahoga Heights High School was one of eight high schools in Cuyahoga County to be granted this award for their 2014-15 Ohio School Report Card
- 2013 National Blue Ribbon School – Awarded to Cuyahoga Heights High School by the U.S. Department of Education for being “Exemplary High Performing”