Cuyahoga Heights 2019 Village Scholarship Program
Again this year, Council has passed legislation for a Village Scholarship to assist Cuyahoga Heights graduating seniors with their future college tuition. Recipients will be awarded a $1000.00 scholarship in the form of a tuition reimbursement.
To be eligible, the recipient must:
1) Be a resident of Cuyahoga Heights.
2) Be a graduating high school senior in the spring or summer of 2019.
3) Be enrolled either full or part-time at an accredited college, university, community college, vocational or technical school for the fall of 2019.
4) Complete the fall 2019 term with a grade point average sufficient to be in good standing.
5) Must submit proof of grades to the Clerk’s office by March 1, 2020.
Applications are available at the High School Guidance Office or at the Village Hall and must be submitted to Clerk Unger’s office by May 1, 2019.
Our administration encourages and promotes higher education for all of our students, and proud to continue the Village Scholarship tradition to help our graduating seniors.
Registration/Screening for students enrolling in pre-kindergarten during the 2019/20 school year will take place on Friday, March 22, 2019. If you have a child, or know of a child in our school district who is eligible to attend next year, please call the elementary school office at 216-429-5880 to make an appointment for registration. Children who will be four years old on or before August 1, 2019 are eligible for the pre-kindergarten program.
The tuition rate for PK students living outside the district for 2019/20 is $1,500.00.
75 Years of Excellence in Education
The Cuyahoga Heights School District, which serves the villages of Cuyahoga Heights, Brooklyn Heights and Valley View, is a first ring school district located approximately 4 miles from mid-town Cleveland. The Cuyahoga Heights School District is fortunate in many ways.
The villages of Cuyahoga Heights, Brooklyn Heights and Valley View all have healthy tax bases, are attractive to businesses and provide terrific amenities to their residents. A superb quality of life is the major reason that living in one of the three villages is attractive.
Community support is a cornerstone to the district’s success. Besides supporting school levies and volunteering in classrooms, residents enjoy using the 25-meter pool, children’s pool, spa, first-rate fitness center, and state-of-the-art track at no charge.
Over 950 students are enrolled in the district’s three schools—high school (9-12), middle school (6-8), elementary school (PreK-5)—located on the same campus. They benefit from the expertise of a highly qualified teaching staff, excellent support staff, and strong parental participation.
The Cuyahoga Heights Schools provide a full-range of traditional and non-traditional educational programs and co-curricular activities. These include elementary and secondary curriculum offerings at the general and college preparatory levels and special education programs.
Ninety-percent of CHS graduates attend either a 2-year or 4-year college. With over 74 co-curricular activities and 21 varsity sports, a very high percentage of students are involved with extracurricular activities. Please visit our website www.cuyhts.org for up-to-date information.
Points of Pride:
- 2017 One of the State of Ohio’s Top 25 Most Beautiful High Schools by Aceable ratings agency
- 2016 Top 500 High Schools: Beating the Odds – Ranked in the top 3% of eligible high schools in the nation by Newsweek
- 2016 Best High Schools in America – Ranked in the top 8% in the nation and received the Silver Medal Award by U.S. News & World Report
- 2016 Best Communities for Music Education in the nation. Awarded this honor by the NAMM Foundation for the district’s outstanding commitment to music education
- 2016 K-3 State Literacy Tests – 100% of 3rd graders met 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee at Cuyahoga Heights Elementary School
- 2016 Educator of the Year – Awarded to Mrs. Nancy Wanyerka by the Ohio Middle Level Association
- 2014 – 2015 Advanced Placement Honor Roll – One of 30 school districts in Ohio to achieve this recognition
- 2015 State Board All A Award – Cuyahoga Heights High School was one of eight high schools in Cuyahoga County to be granted this award for their 2014-15 Ohio School Report Card
- 2013 National Blue Ribbon School – Awarded to Cuyahoga Heights High School by the U.S. Department of Education for being “Exemplary High Performing”