Cuyahoga Heights School District Receives an A on Statewide K-3 Literacy
75 Years of Excellence in Education
The Cuyahoga Heights School District, which serves the villages of Cuyahoga Heights, Brooklyn Heights and Valley View, is a first ring school district located approximately 4 miles from mid-town Cleveland. The Cuyahoga Heights School District is fortunate in many ways.
The villages of Cuyahoga Heights, Brooklyn Heights and Valley View all have healthy tax bases, are attractive to businesses and provide terrific amenities to their residents. A superb quality of life is the major reason that living in one of the three villages is attractive.
Community support is a cornerstone to the district’s success. Besides supporting school levies and volunteering in classrooms, residents enjoy using the 25-meter pool, children’s pool, spa, first-rate fitness center, and state-of-the-art track at no charge.
Over 950 students are enrolled in the district’s three schools—high school (9-12), middle school (6-8), elementary school (PreK-5)—located on the same campus. They benefit from the expertise of a highly qualified teaching staff, excellent support staff, and strong parental participation.
The Cuyahoga Heights Schools provide a full-range of traditional and non-traditional educational programs and co-curricular activities. These include elementary and secondary curriculum offerings at the general and college preparatory levels and special education programs.
Ninety-percent of CHS graduates attend either a 2-year or 4-year college. With over 74 co-curricular activities and 21 varsity sports, a very high percentage of students are involved with extracurricular activities. Please visit our website for up-to-date information. www.cuyhts.k12.ou.us
Points of Pride:
- The Cuyahoga Heights Schools received an Excellent rating on the 2010-11 State Report Card, for the seventh consecutive year
- CHS was recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Newsweek for its academic excellence
- CHS has been named a Blue Ribbon Lighthouse School District, based on the National Award presented by Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence, Inc. to each of its schools
- Cuyahoga Heights High School was named a School of Distinction by the State Superintendent
- Cuyahoga Heights Middle School was named a Hall of Fame School by the Ohio Association of Elementary School Administrators
- Cuyahoga Heights Elementary School was named a Hall of Fame School by the Ohio Association of Elementary School Administrators
- Best Communities for Music Education in America was awarded to CHS for the sixth consecutive year
- Stellar Award was presented to the CHS Food Services Department, from the Ohio Department of Education, for their nutritional food offerings
- SOAR Award was presented to CHS for being in the top 5 percent of districts that are making exceptional growth with their students, from Battelle for Kids, a state organization that collects student test data for the Ohio Department of Education