The Village of Cuyahoga Heights is a special place to those of us who live here. It truly is a small town in the heart of the greater Cleveland area.
Residents receive excellent services and complementary amenities:
- Rescue squad services to local hospitals
- Weekly rubbish and yard waste collection and recycling along with disposal of large items such as appliances and furniture
- Sewer bills paid for each residence
- Smoke alarms, as well as batteries once a year, to each residence
- Notary services available at Village Hall
- Various sport programs offered to our children
- Visit from Santa to each home with young children prior to Christmas
In addition, our seniors (60 and Over) enjoy:
- Grass cutting
- Snow plowing in driveways
- Once a week bus service to grocery shopping
- Once a year wellness visit clinic for EKG, blood work and flu shots
Other services and amenities:
- Housing maintenance grant program – homeowners can receive up to $1,000 on exterior improvements to their home
- Low taxes
- Bacci Park, pavilions, baseball fields and fishing pond
Special points of interest:
- Cuyahoga Heights School System – Blue Ribbon School
- Cleveland Metroparks CanalWay Center – walking, biking, running trails, picnic areas and year round planned activities in our beautiful “Hidden Valley.”
- Biking on the Towpath Trail linked to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- Easy access north and south on I-77 and east and west on I-480
- Minutes from downtown Cleveland, Progressive Field, Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, Science Center and the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame.
For more information about living in The Village of Cuyahoga Heights please contact Lee Ann Schoeffler at (216) 641-7020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fire Department distributes photoelectric smoke alarms to all residents
The initiative was made possible through a special grant from ArcelorMittal Cleveland. For more information, and/or to speak with someone regarding this innovative local safety initiative, please contact Michael Suhy at 216.641.6799 or email@example.com.
Heritage Home Program
The Heritage Home Program is available to owners of Cuyahoga Heights homes that are 50 years and older. Specialists working for the Program answer home maintenance and rehab questions and provide an impartial opinion – one that doesn’t include trying to sell a product or service. This advice is absolutely FREE. This component of the Heritage Home Program is what sets it apart from other programs of its kind. Now any homeowner wishing to do work on their older home can have the help and answers they need in order to get the project done properly. We urge you to take advantage of the following FREE services:
- Site visits to the property to answer home repair, improvement and maintenance questions
- Advice about increasing energy efficiency
- Contractor Resources
- Evaluation of contractor bids and estimates
Qualified homeowners also have the option of obtaining a low-interest, fixed-rate Heritage Home Program loan, with rates as low as 1.4% for up to 10 years! There are no maximum income restrictions. The owner just needs to have good credit and sufficient equity in the home to support the loan. There are no points involved with the Heritage Home Program loan and the interest is tax deductible! Eligible Projects include:
- Exterior and interior painting
- Kitchen and bath improvements
- Compatible additions
- Roof repair and replacement
- Basement waterproofing
- Window repair
- Masonry repair
- HVAC upgrades
- And much, much more!
The Heritage Home Program loan is available for owners of residential properties of three units or less, regardless of whether the owner resides at the property. Homeowners receive custom construction specifications for exterior projects and Heritage Home Program staff is available from project start to finish! Learn more or get started by contacting the Heritage Program.